On this page I vent some of my personal opinions. These are totally my responsibility and in no way related to my professional life. While I will probably no longer update this page, I have continued my rantings on a blog.
- The Stick of Jan Sloot (September 28, 2004). Why Roel Pieper should have realised Jan Sloot was a crank.
- Bonus (August 7, 2004). Rant about the governmental bonus program for students in exact sciences.
- BioWare Visit, May 28, 2003 (July 6, 2004). An excerpt from an email I sent to colleagues on a discussion with BioWare personnel (in Dutch).
- Ridiculous Patents (September 10, 2003). A very small sample of the ridiculous software patents awarded to Microsoft. If this won't convince you that software patenting is a bad idea, I don't know what will.
- On Agnostic Truth (July 19, 2003). A dialogue on the clash between theism, atheism and agnosticism.
- Objectivism and the Future (March 31, 2003). On personal happiness and responsibility towards our children.
- A Divine Experiment (March 20, 2003). A guide to finding redemption.
- Star Trek: Nemesis: The Abridged Script (March 1, 2003). My review of Nemesis in the form of an abridged script.
- De eekhoorntjes en de flessendoppen (March 27, 2002). This is a fable I wrote (in Dutch) near the end of the year 2000, which enlightens my view on how a great number of people behaved in the world that existed at that time.
- AI in "AI" (August 1, 2001). My review of the Spielberg movie "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence" from the point of view of an AI professional. Published in BNVKI/AIABN Newsletter, August 2001, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 89-91.